Catching those extra Zzzz’s in the morning AND still managing to squeeze in a delicious and nutritious breakfast isn’t always easy! I don’t always have time to eat at home in the morning so this is my solution!
Breakfast is the time of day we ‘break’ the ‘fast’ we have just put our body through during our nights sleep. It’s our spark to get the engine going and fuel churning through our body, to function for the day! Having breakfast kick starts your energy production to feed your brain so you can think and concentrate.
What you eat for breakfast also plays a very important role. Heavy carb or loaded sugar will lead to a slump before you know it! So slow-energy releasing food is essential!
Here’s my number one of my favourite on-the-go tips!
- 1 tbsp Flax seed
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- A hand full of oats of your choice
- Half a mug full of milk of your choice (I use almond milk)
- 1 tsp Maple syrup
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon powder (natural energy booster)
- 1/2 a pear chopped
- 2 kiwis chopped
1) after getting out of bed I put on the kettle for my tea and this is when I prepare my Breakfast Booster To-Go.
2) in a jar add all the ingredients except for the fruit. Mix it all together in your jar to go and place it in the fridge. Now time to jump in the shower and get ready for the day!
3) just before leaving the house chop your fruit and add it to your jar, don’t forget a spoon! My commute is around 30 minutes – by then the jar mix has a wonderful consistency and is still fresh! Bon appetit! Xx