I love experimenting with different ingredients and taste combinations, especially when procrastinating it seems to be particularly successful. Although the ingredients might seem quite random, and the colour pink and incredibly bright, I have to say it is mega delicious and makes a great light dessert.
This cake has the perfect texture combination of chewy sweetness and a subtle crunch from the millet. Gluten-free and full of nutritional goodness! I have added in the options for vegan, paleo and other dietary requirements.
2 cups Buckwheat (despite its names its totally gluten free)
1/2 cup Millet
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/2 tsp Salt
1 cup natural Greek Yoghurt (dairy-free/ vegan option: Coconut yoghurt)
2 mashed Bananas
1 cup fresh mashed Raspberries
1/4 cup Coconut Oil
1 Egg (vegan option = Chia or Flax egg)
1/4 cup Maple Syrup
1/3 cup Raw Sugar
1) Pre-heat your oven at 170 C. In the mean time mix all your dry ingredients together in a big bowl, this includes; flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
2) Add your wet ingredients now; egg (or chia/ flax egg), greek yoghurt, maple syrup, smashed bananas, raspberries and mix!
3) Now stir in your coconut oil and pour the batter into a cake form tray of your choice.
4) Pop your cake in the oven and bake for around 15 minutes. Now using a knife stick it in the middle and pull it out to test whether it is ready. If the knife comes out full of batter leave it in the oven another 5-10 minutes. The knife should come out clean when it is ready.
5) Once taking your cake out of the oven let it cool at least 15 minutes before consuming it.
For storage keep the cake in the fridge, if you have anything left over that is 🙂