This granola is one of my favourite meal prep ideas. It doesn’t take too much effort, and is healthier + cheaper than buying granola. It’s packed with protein, fibre, vitamins, minerals, and it releases energy gradually throughout the day.
- 400g-500g oats
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp honey/ maple syrup
- Add-ons: this is whatever you want in your Granola for example; nuts, raisins, cacaonibs, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds etc.
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Cacao powder (optional)
- 3 egg whites/ 4 chia or flax eggs
- In a pot melt your coconut oil on a very low heat and mix in your oats. Add the honey/ maple syrup once you mixed in the oats and stir stir stir till evenly distributed.
- Turn off the heat and mix in all your add-ons, cinnamon and cacao powder.
- TASTE CHECK, is it sweet enough for you? Are there any missing tastes you want toadd? If so add as you desire!
- When you’re done turn the oven up to 150 C and while you’re waiting for it to heat upadd your egg whites/ chia or flax eggs. (This is my secret ingredient to getting the
granola MEGA CLUSTERY)
- On a baking tray evenly flatten out your Granola and press it down firmly using a bigspoon or your hands.
- Pop it in the oven and check at 15min intervals. It should take around 45 mins. Whenyou see the top browning take it out and let it cool for a good 15 mins before breaking it apart
Enjoy and please send me photos if you make it, I would love to see how it turns out for you! If you have any questions let me know! Guten Appetit