These fudgy delights have a very divine taste that is incredibly hard to describe… its like a mixture of vanilla fudge, swirls of nut butter, melted chocolate and smoothness from the chickpeas that culminate in this bizarrely unique flavour! You have to try them, it’s hard to pinpoint their exact taste but I would say they have an essence of the taste of mochi and cookie-dough. I promise you won’t be disappointed. They make the perfect dessert (warmed up and topped with ice cream if I may suggest) or added to your morning porridge/ granola to swank it up a bit, or just as a snack! Get baking my dears, this one is golden.
1 can of Chickpeas
1 cup Butterbeans
125g Peanut butter
1/4 cup Maple syrup (or honey works too)
1/4 cup Coconut sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
a dash of salt
1 tsp Baking powder
a dash of Lemon
2 tbsp Almond milk
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips/ chopped chocolate (I use a dairy free/ vegan option but choose as your heart fancies)
1) Turn your oven up to 180C, get your baking form/ tray and line it with baking paper
2) Literally put every single ingredient in to a mixer/ blender and mix it up and pour into your tray
3) Lick/ scrape the mixer/ bowl clean! This is a must! Its such a delicious batter and egg free so taste away!
3) Pop the tray in the oven and bake for 20-30 mins
5) Leave to cool for at least 1 hour, best is to leave them overnight if you can resist the wait (so hard! but trust me if you try cut in before they will be too runny)
ENJOY and bon app!